Call AmeriAgency today at 615-209-9362 to see if you are getting the all the discounts you deserve and thus the best price!
Types of Auto Insurance Discounts
There are very few people on the planet who aren’t interested in getting a bargain, and that goes for insurance shoppers as well as other types of bargain hunters. If you are ready to shop around for auto insurance, there are a few discount opportunities you should be aware of.
- Multi-policy discounts: The multi-policy discounts can work a few ways. First, if you have multiple cars and people to insure with a single insurance company, you may be able to get a discount when you do. Second, if you have a home and an automobile, or an automobile and a recreational vehicle to insure and you do so with one company, you may be eligible for discounts.
- Safe driving courses: Being a safe driver is important to you and your family because it limits your risk of accident—but it’s also important to your insurance company for the same reason. When you take a safe driving course you not only show your insurance company that you are serious about being a safe driver, but you also gain the skills that allow you to actually become one. This reduces the amount of claims you are likely to have and makes you a less expensive risk for auto insurance companies. How do they reward you? With a discount.
- Good student discounts: Insurance companies love to reward good behavior—because those clients who behave in that manner generally present less risk from an insurer’s perspective. High school students with good grades may find that their auto insurance company offers small discounts when they keep their GPA above a certain level.
- Paid-in-full discounts: Insurance policy premiums can be paid monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually. Because insurance companies can earn more money on an annual premium paid-in-full at the start of the term, they often offer financial incentives for you to do so.
- EFT discounts: The transfer of your insurance premiums directly from your bank account to your insurance company isn’t just an easy way to get your insurance policy paid, it’s a cost-effective way. You will have one less check to write each month, one less stamp to buy, and your insurance company may offer you a discount for doing so.
When talking to your agent about insurance policy options, make sure to discuss all of the relevant discount opportunities. Ask your agent if he or she knows of any other discounts that you may be able to take advantage of—after all, any discount is a good discount.