The weather is warming up and you may already been thinking of the summer. If you’ve gone ahead and purchased a boat for the warmer months, there are few insurance-related things to think about before hitting the waves.
- Make sure you have the right safety equipment: life jackets, fire extinguisher, floatable seat cushions, towing rope, etc.
- Sit down and think about which type of watercraft insurance you will want
- Actual Cash Value : Reimbursement for the current value of the boat (not the purchased price)
- Agreed Value : Reimbursement for the value of the boat at the time the policy is written.
- Have all potential drivers take a boat safety class . This may even provide you a discount on your premiums based on proof of passing the class.
- Think about having enough liability insurance or consider purchasing an umbrella policy to protect you against passenger injury.
Call us today to get a quote on watercraft insurance at 615-209-9362. We will work hard to get the right coverage for your new toy.