According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1 in 3 adults are living with high blood pressure. In general, most of us know that high blood pressure=bad. Blood pressure is the pressure of blood against your artery walls. That pressure will naturally rise and fall throughout the day, but when it rises too high and stays high, you can experience damage to your heart and of course increase risk for stroke and heart disease. Unfortunately, high blood pressure symptoms are not always perceptible and many people don’t know they have the condition unless they see a doctor.
Luckily, there are things you can do to lower your blood pressure naturally. A healthy diet can be a really important contributing factor to lowering your blood pressure. In fact, some foods naturally do that work for you:
- Blueberries: Adding blueberries to your daily diet is a sweet way to keep your blood pressure down, or even lower it.
- Yogurt: Dairy, and specifically yogurt will naturally help you lower your blood pressure.
- Beans: Although, eating them in excess may make you a little gassy, it’s still worth cooking some beans for the added benefit of lowering your blood pressure.
- Dark Chocolate: Another sweet thing for the list, dark chocolate is a healthy way to lower your blood pressure, among other health benefits.
- Flaxseed: Perhaps not as well-known as some of the other options, flaxseed may be the most effective on the list. Add it to muffins or bagels for any easy way to increase your flaxseed intake.