Use these tips to make sure you purchase is full of love and peace.
Sometimes, the car that seems like a good deal has a not so pretty history. But, by asking the right questions and checking everything out, you can make sure you’re getting the right information to make the best decision possible!
Before You See the Car:
- How many miles does the car have on it?
- Is there a salvage title on the car?
- How many previous owners have there been?
- What condition is the interior and exterior of the car in?
- Has the car ever been in an accident?
When You See the Car:
- Does the car have a warranty?
- May I have the car checked out by a mechanic of my choosing?
- Are there any recalls for this model?
- May I see maintenance records and the title?
- May I take it for a test drive?
Some additional tips for when you’re checking out the car:
- Make sure you are viewing the car during daylight hours.
- Make sure to test the car out on different types of roads at different speeds.
- Check the responsiveness of the brakes.
- Be on the lookout for any vibrations or strange noises when you do your test drive.
- Make sure all buttons are working correctly.
- Check for signs of scratches, dents, rust, even treads on tires.
- Look under the hood for oil level, cracks in hoses or belts and the condition of the radiator.
- Beware of green or orange stains when checking under the hood. These are indicative of a leak.
For the best rates in auto insurance call AmeriAgency.com at 615-209-9362.