Alabama Homeowners Insurance H03 gives you a backup plan in case a catastrophe strikes in your neighborhood. Whether it’s a fire, heavy winds or a burglary, you’re covered if you have a suitable Alabama homeowners insurance policy.
Pays for repairs to your home and your belongings
- Example: A tree falls on your house, and rain ruins your 60″ Samsung TV.
Pays for someone else’s injuries or property damage when it’s your fault
- Example: Your kid is playing baseball and accidentally smacks the ball through your neighbor’s window.
Pays for temporary living expenses when your home is damaged
- Example: You need a hotel while your house’s roof is being repaired due to a fallen tree.
Optional Alabama Homeowners Insurance H03 Coverages
You can add any of these coverages to customize your policy based on your needs.
Covers water damage from backed-up sump pumps and sewer systems
Some homes have sump pumps in their basements/crawl spaces, which are designed to pump water out from underneath and around your foundation. Sometimes sump pumps or plumbing/sewer systems get backed up. Water can then flood into your house, causing an expensive mess. Water back-up coverage will then pay for damage to your belongings and water removal.
Example: Your sump pump breaks down, and water/sewage floods back into your basement, damaging your carpet, furniture, billiards table, washer, and dryer. Water back-up then pays for the sewage removal and that damage to your property. You need Alabama Homeowners Insurance H03.
Alabama H03 Includes Personal injury
Covers uncommon but expensive lawsuits and situations
Personal injury covers your legal fees and additional damages from:
- Slander or libel lawsuits (something you say/write that damages a person’s reputation or business)
- Lawsuits against you such as wrongful entry or malicious prosecution
- Wrongful eviction
- False arrest, detention, or imprisonment
Example: Your teenage child damages their teacher’s reputation by posting something online. So, the teacher decides to sue you. Personal injury will then cover your lawyer, court fees, and any damages you have to pay, subject to your policy.