When should you consider the best homeowners insurance ? Answer; Before you need it!

The best homeowners insurance is for you if you own a home, vacation home, or are purchasing a home. If you own a condo, town house, or row home you need condo insurance—or renters insurance if you rent from someone else. Not sure? Get a homeowners insurance quote, and we’ll make sure you get the right policy.

If you have a mortgage, your lender will likely require you to get insurance for your home. We’ll help take care of the details with your lender. Plus, in most situations, you’ll be able to combine your insurance payments with your mortgage bill (called escrow).

Home Insurance with AmeriAgency

Control over your policy

You can customize your policy to your needs via our agents or with our award winning mobile app.

Smart savings

We offer annual reviews for your homeowners policy to insure you are getting the discounts you deserve.

Personalized attention

We offer annual reviews for your homeowners policy to insure you are getting the coverage you need.

Knowledge & Resources

Our agents go through extensive training to provide you with the best advice and service on your homeowners policy.

24/7 Protection

Our top rated insurance carriers provide coverage 24/7 on your homeowners policy.

Why use AmeriAgency

We’re one of the few home insurance companies that let you compare rates and coverages from multiple companies. You only have to enter your info once, then we’ll show you a number of options.

With AmeriAgency you get world class home insurance coverage.


We're #1 in online home insurance quotes

The best homeowners insurance is designed to protect you from the things that can damage your home, belongings, or hurt you financially. It covers wind/hail damage, fires, lightning, theft, and more. Plus it covers injuries that occur on your property and lawsuits against you, such as someone suing you because they were hurt at your home.

Things to think about when choosing best homeowners insurance coverage

Actual Cash Value

Pays for the cost to replace damaged property while factoring in depreciation amounts. The best home insurance policies, Actual Cash Value applies unless a policy states that Replacement Cost or Guaranteed Replacement Cost has been chosen.

Injuries and lawsuits against you

This coverage is called personal liability and covers property damage and injury lawsuits. That means if you/your family members are responsible for someone else’s injuries or damages to their property. You can add coverages for libel, slander, or other lawsuits.

Replacement Cost

Pays for the cost to replace damaged property without factoring in deductions for depreciation, but payment is limited to a maximum dollar amount.

Guaranteed Replacement Cost

Pays the full cost of replacing damaged property, with no deduction for depreciation and no dollar limit. Guaranteed Replacement Cost is not available in all states, and most companies limit the coverage to 120 percent of the cost to rebuild your home. Allowing for this amount protects you in cases of increased construction costs or other building-related fees due to inflation.

Save by bundling home and auto.  Get an auto insurance quote now.

Get A Quote

Condo Insurance coverages we offer

We offer coverages for your belongings, any upgrades you make to your condo (granite countertops, custom cabinets, etc.), lawsuits against you, and more. Keep in mind, your association covers the physical structure of your condo. Get a condo insurance quote online, and we’ll have expert agents standing by to guide you through all your choices.

Your personal possessions

Your clothes, electronics, furniture, appliances, tools, power equipment, etc. are all covered (even if they’re not in your condo). If you have expensive jewelry, art, or other items, you’ll likely need separate coverage. We offer that too! Just call us at the end of your condo insurance quote.

Upgrades and customizations

We’ll cover most upgrades you’ve made, such as hardwood floors, granite countertops, new kitchen cabinets, etc. Some association’s policies may cover the original furnishings, but very few will cover your upgrades.

Injuries and lawsuits against you

This coverage is called personal liability. It covers lawsuits against you or your family members if you’re responsible for someone else’s injuries or damages to their property. You can add extra coverages for libel, slander, or other lawsuits.

Ways to save on Condo Insurance

Bundle condo + auto

Save another 10% or more when you combine condo with auto.* Your discount will be applied to your auto policy.

Pay in full

This is an easy discount. Just pay for your condo policy in full and upfront and you’ll save.

Alarm systems and safety devices

We offer extra discounts for having burglar alarms, fire alarms, automatic sprinklers, and more.

With AmeriAgency you get world class condo insurance coverage.

Get a quote

Flood Insurance

To make sure you have the best homeowners insurance policy you may need to add a flood policy!  It doesn’t matter if you live in a flood plain, every property owner is susceptible to flood damage and your homeowners insurance doesn’t cover it. Let us give you a flood insurance quote today!

Who Needs Flood Insurance?

When your home is flooded, it can lead to financial ruin if you don’t have the proper insurance. And note this: Even the best homeowners insurance policy won’t cover your flood damage! You need flood insurance – a special policy backed by the federal government, with cooperation from local communities and private insurance companies.  To make sure you have the best homeowners insurance policy you may need to add a flood policy!

About 200 insurance companies, possibly including the company that already handles your homeowners or auto insurance, write and service flood insurance policies for the government, which finances the program through premiums. Although flood insurance is relatively inexpensive, most Americans neglect to purchase protection. Only about one-quarter of the homes in areas most vulnerable are insured against flood loss, according to the Federal Insurance Administration (FIA). In those areas, flooding is 26 times more likely to occur than a fire during the course of a typical 30-year mortgage.

More than 19,000 communities have agreed to stricter zoning and building measures to control floods, according to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Residents in these communities are entitled to purchase flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), a program FEMA oversees.

Purchasing your policy

The average flood insurance premium in 2000 was $353 a year. The average amount of flood insurance purchased in 2000 was $124,089. Policies are available in three forms: “Dwelling” (most homes); “General Property” (apartments and businesses); and “Residential Condominium Building Association Policy” (condominiums). All have limits on coverage. You might be eligible for discounts if you live in a low- to moderate-risk zone.

Flood Zones

Flood Zone Information

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has placed more than 19,000 communities in the United States into a category of flood zones. Each community is able to participate in the agency’s National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), with premium rates determined by the risks of flooding. To indicate the risks in different parts of the country, FEMA has assigned a character from the alphabet to each zone.  To make sure you have the best homeowners insurance policy you may need to add a flood policy!
The major zone categories are V and A, which have the highest risk of flooding. Older maps list B and C as minimal-risk zones, but those characters have been phased out and relabeled as X zones on new flood maps.

There are several ways to find out which zone applies to you. You can go to your town hall or city hall, where employees responsible for issuing building permits in your area have access to flood zone maps. If you are buying a home, your Realtor and your insurance agent should be able to help you. Also, you can order a flood map from the FEMA’s Map Service Center for a nominal charge by calling (800) 358-9616 or by visiting the FEMA Web site.

V, A, X & D Zones

V zones generally include the first row of beachfront properties. The hazards in these areas are increased because of wave velocity – hence the V designation. These property owners pay more than $1,000 annually and flood insurance is mandatory.

A zones – the next most volatile of the SFHAs – are subject to rising waters and are usually near a lake, river, stream or other body of water. Flood insurance is mandatory in all A zones, where premiums can be about $895 annually because of the high potential of flooding.
A-zone maps also include AE, AH, AO, AR, and A99 designations, all having the same rates. The different A zones are named depending on the way in which they might be flooded.

X zones – are minimal-risk areas where flood insurance is not mandatory. Homeowners in X zones (which are labeled B and C zones on older maps) pay as little as $395 annually. In certain cases, property owners may qualify for the $100-a-year preferred risk policy.

Contact an AmeriAgency agent for more information about flood insurance.  To make sure you have the best homeowners insurance policy you may need to add a flood policy!

Get a quote

The Advantage of AmeriAgency Insurance Agent

The AmeriAgency Agent Advantage combines great rates, knowledge and service.  We compare rates for you.  It is like Kayak for insurance.  Call AmeriAgency today at 888-851-5572.

Maximized Savings

Quality Coverage

Claim Assistance

Personal Support

Explaining your coverage

Finding discounts