CNN Tour Atlanta – Get ready to go behind-the-scenes of one of the world’s most iconic news networks, CNN! The CNN Tour in Atlanta offers an unprecedented look into the inner workings of this global media giant. Step into the fast-paced world of journalism as you explore the state-of-the-art studios, control rooms, and interactive exhibits that bring news to life.
Immerse yourself in the world of breaking news and experience firsthand the energy and excitement that goes into delivering stories to millions of viewers worldwide. From the bustling newsroom to the live broadcast sets, this tour provides a fascinating glimpse into the making of a news program.
Discover the history of CNN and its groundbreaking coverage of major events that have shaped the world. Hear riveting stories from seasoned journalists and uncover the technology behind 24/7 news reporting.
Whether you’re a news junkie, aspiring journalist, or simply curious about the inner workings of a news network, the CNN Tour in Atlanta is a must-visit experience. Book your tickets now and get ready to be inspired and informed by this immersive journey through the world of broadcasting. Click here for breaking news from the Wallstreet Journal.
What to expect on the CNN Tour
The CNN Tour in Atlanta offers visitors a unique opportunity to explore the inner workings of a global news network. From the moment you step inside the CNN Center, you’ll be greeted by the buzz of activity and the unmistakable energy of a newsroom in action.
The tour begins with an introduction to the history of CNN and its role in shaping the modern media landscape. You’ll learn about the network’s groundbreaking coverage of major events, from the Gulf War to the 9/11 attacks, and gain a deeper understanding of the impact of journalism on society.
As you make your way through the tour, you’ll have the chance to explore the various departments that make up CNN, including the newsroom, control rooms, and editing suites. You’ll witness the fast-paced environment in which news is gathered, verified, and broadcasted, gaining insight into the rigorous process that goes into delivering accurate and timely information.
One of the highlights of the CNN Tour is the opportunity to step inside the live broadcast sets. You’ll see where the anchors deliver the news to millions of viewers worldwide, and you might even catch a glimpse of a live broadcast in action. It’s an awe-inspiring experience to witness the seamless coordination between the on-air talent, producers, and technical crew.
Behind-the-scenes of a newsroom
The heart of CNN lies in its newsroom, where journalists work tirelessly to gather and report the news. On the CNN Tour, you’ll have the chance to go behind the scenes and witness the inner workings of this dynamic environment.
As you step into the newsroom, you’ll be surrounded by rows of desks, each occupied by dedicated journalists and producers. The atmosphere is electric, with reporters frantically typing away, producers coordinating stories, and editors reviewing footage.
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with journalists and hear their stories firsthand. They’ll share insights into the challenges they face in reporting news in real-time, the importance of unbiased reporting, and the impact of social media on journalism.
The tour also takes you to the control rooms, where directors and producers oversee the live broadcasts. Witness the coordination between the control room and the anchor desk, as information is relayed in real-time, graphics are added, and breaking news is seamlessly incorporated into the broadcast.
Interactive experiences at the CNN Center
The CNN Center is not just a workplace; it’s a hub of interactive experiences that bring the world of broadcast journalism to life. The tour offers visitors the chance to engage with cutting-edge technology and gain hands-on experience in various aspects of news production.
One of the highlights of the interactive experiences is the chance to try your hand at being a news anchor. Step in front of a green screen, put on a microphone, and read from a teleprompter as if you were delivering the news. It’s a thrilling experience that gives you a taste of what it’s like to be in front of the camera.
Another interactive exhibit allows you to explore the process of video editing. Sit at a workstation and learn how footage is edited, sound is synchronized, and graphics are added to create a polished news package. It’s a fascinating behind-the-scenes look at the technical aspects of news production.
Throughout the tour, interactive displays provide additional information and insights into the world of journalism. From virtual reality experiences that transport you to the heart of breaking news stories to interactive quizzes that test your knowledge of current events, there’s something for everyone to engage with.
CNN Tour ticket options and prices
The CNN Tour in Atlanta offers a range of ticket options to suit every visitor’s needs. General admission tickets include access to all areas of the tour and cost $15 for adults and $12 for children aged 4-12. Children under 4 years old can enter for free.
For those looking for a more immersive experience, the VIP tour package is available for $35. This package includes exclusive access to additional behind-the-scenes areas, a meet-and-greet with CNN journalists, and a souvenir photo opportunity.
It is recommended to book tickets in advance, as the CNN Tour is a popular attraction and can sell out quickly. Tickets can be purchased online through the official CNN Tour website or at the CNN Center ticket booth.
Tips for visiting the CNN Tour Atlanta
To make the most of your visit to the CNN Tour in Atlanta, here are some helpful tips:
1. Arrive early: The CNN Tour can get busy, especially during peak times. Arriving early will give you more time to explore and avoid long queues.
2. Wear comfortable shoes: The tour involves a fair amount of walking, so it’s important to wear comfortable shoes to ensure a pleasant experience.
3. Bring a camera: There are plenty of photo opportunities throughout the tour, so don’t forget to bring a camera or smartphone to capture the memories.
4. Follow the tour guide: The tour is guided, and the knowledgeable guides provide valuable insights and information. It’s recommended to follow their instructions and ask questions if you have any.
5. Plan additional time: The CNN Center is located in downtown Atlanta, which offers a range of other attractions and dining options. Consider planning additional time to explore the area and make the most of your visit.
Other attractions near the CNN Center
While visiting the CNN Center, there are several other attractions nearby that you may want to explore:
1. Georgia Aquarium: Located just a short walk from the CNN Center, the Georgia Aquarium is home to a wide variety of marine life, including whale sharks, dolphins, and penguins. It’s a must-visit for animal lovers and families.
2. World of Coca-Cola: Experience the history and culture of the iconic Coca-Cola brand at the World of Coca-Cola. Learn about the secret formula, taste different Coke products from around the world, and explore interactive exhibits.
3. Centennial Olympic Park: Just steps away from the CNN Center, Centennial Olympic Park is a beautiful green space that served as the centerpiece of the 1996 Olympic Games. Take a leisurely stroll, enjoy a picnic, or cool off in the interactive Fountain of Rings.
CNN Tour Atlanta FAQs
1. Is photography allowed during the tour?
– Yes, photography is allowed throughout the tour, except in certain restricted areas. Feel free to capture your experience and share it with friends and family.
2. How long does the tour last?
– The CNN Tour typically lasts approximately one hour, but the duration may vary depending on the group size and the level of interest in each area.
3. Are there any age restrictions for the tour?
– The CNN Tour is suitable for visitors of all ages. Children under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
4. Is the CNN Tour wheelchair accessible?
– Yes, the CNN Tour is wheelchair accessible. Elevators and ramps are available to ensure easy access throughout the tour.
5. Can I bring food or drinks on the tour?
– Outside food and drinks are not allowed on the tour. However, there are food and beverage options available at the CNN Center for visitors to enjoy before or after the tour.
Visitor reviews and testimonials
Here are some reviews from visitors who have experienced the CNN Tour in Atlanta:
– “The CNN Tour was an incredible experience! It was fascinating to see the inner workings of a news network and learn about the history of CNN. The interactive exhibits were a lot of fun, and the tour guides were knowledgeable and engaging.” – Sarah W.
– “As an aspiring journalist, the CNN Tour was a dream come true. I got to meet some of the journalists, ask them questions, and even try my hand at being a news anchor. It was an inspiring and educational experience that I’ll never forget.” – John D.
– “I wasn’t sure what to expect from the CNN Tour, but I was blown away by how immersive and informative it was. The behind-the-scenes access was incredible, and the interactive exhibits kept me engaged the whole time. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Atlanta.” – Laura M.
Conclusion: Uncover the excitement of the CNN Tour Atlanta
The CNN Tour in Atlanta offers an unparalleled opportunity to explore the inner workings of one of the world’s most iconic news networks. From the bustling newsroom to the live broadcast sets, this behind-the-scenes tour provides a fascinating glimpse into the world of journalism.
Immerse yourself in the energy and excitement of breaking news as you witness the coordination between journalists, producers, and technical crew. Discover the history of CNN and its groundbreaking coverage of major events, and gain insight into the technology behind 24/7 news reporting.
Whether you’re a news enthusiast, aspiring journalist, or simply curious about the inner workings of a news network, the CNN Tour in Atlanta is a must-visit experience. Book your tickets now and get ready to be inspired and informed by this immersive journey through the world of broadcasting.