Tile Contractor Insurance Tennessee
What is General Liability Insurance?
Tile contractors employ specialty tools and equipment for cutting, laying, and hanging tile, all of which can present a hazard to employees and the public. As such, ceramic and mosaic tile contractors are continually exposed to the risk of injuries and property damage to third-parties and risk of injury to employees and subcontractors. Fairbanks Insurance Brokers recommends a package of insurance coverages to mitigate the financial risks that can result from third-party lawsuits and fines and penalties from the state licensing board.
Save Up to 27% in Tile Contractor Insurance With AmeriAgency. With More Than 20 Years of Experience, We’re Sure We Can Help!
Accidents can always happen. General liability insurance covers your company in the off chance that your company makes a mistake. Some of the things that general liability insurance covers include:
- Claims of bodily injury – In case someone gets hurt at work. Like slipping on the job site.
- Property damage claims – For example, runoff from your construction site damages the lawn of a neighboring property
- Personal injury – Poor workmanship causes monetary losses to the company you are contracted with, which leaves them in a position to sue for compensation.
- Rented Property Damage – You rent a property near your work-site to store some of your tools and equipment, but the damage is done to this property during the rental period.
Depending on your business, whatever coverage you need could be considerably more specialized than the aforementioned examples. Discuss what type of coverage might be best for you with your insurance provider, or contact us for a second opinion and comparative analysis.
AmeriAgency’s Commercial General Liability insurance covers a variety of claims for damages, ranging from:
- Injuries on your property, such as slips or falls
- Bodily injury or property damage to a third party caused by your work or your employee’s activities
- Liability of others, assumed under contracts
- Bodily injury or damage to another’s property arising from a defect in your product
- Libel, slander, or business disparagement
- Copyright infringement in your advertisement
Instead, home-based contractors should insure their business against risk with a business policy. When selecting insurance coverage to protect your businesses, consider the following:
- Is your business equipment (e.g., tools, inventory, materials) stored at the home? Commercial property insurance protects physical assets from fire, explosions, burst pipes, storms, theft and vandalism.
- Are business items delivered to the home? General liability insurance will protect your business from the potentially ruinous costs of lawsuits over personal injuries suffered by someone making a delivery.
- Are vehicles driven for the business? Commercial auto insurance provides protection for any vehicle designated for business use against both property damage and liability.
Prior to an insurable event, you should take a complete inventory of equipment, furniture, and all the items used to run your home-based contracting business. This list proves an invaluable tool when filing a claim following a loss.
Ceramic and Mosaic Tile Contractors are considered specialty contractors and are used for residential, commercial, and governmental projects. According to the California CSLB, “a ceramic and mosaic tile contractor prepares surfaces as necessary and installs glazed wall, ceramic, mosaic, quarry, paver, faience, glass mosaic and stone tiles; thin tile that resembles full brick, natural or simulated stone slabs for bathtubs, showers and horizontal surfaces inside of buildings, or any tile units set in the traditional or innovative tile methods, excluding hollow or structural partition
Save Up to 27% in Tile Contractor Insurance Tennessee With AmeriAgency. With More Than 20 Years of Experience, We’re Sure We Can Help!
For more information, call us at 1-888-851-5572. If you would like to receive a fast and free quote, visit us on our webpage!