Auto Insurance in Tennessee – Are you tired of overpaying for your car insurance? Look no further! In this article, we will unlock the secrets to low-cost car insurance and show you how to get the coverage you need without breaking the bank. Whether you’re a new driver or have been on the road for years, finding affordable car insurance can be a challenge. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. At [Brand], we understand the importance of getting the best coverage at the best price. That’s why we’ve done the research and compiled a list of strategies to help you save on your car insurance premiums. From comparing quotes to adjusting your coverage, we’ll walk you through the steps to find the most budget-friendly options. Plus, we’ll share insider tips on how to take advantage of discounts and incentives that could potentially lower your rates even more. Don’t settle for paying more than you have to. With our expert guidance, you can unlock the secrets to low-cost car insurance today. Get ready to save money and drive with peace of mind!
You do not need proof of insurance to register your car or to obtain your driver’s license. Auto Insurance in Tennessee – You can obtain any of the above from your Tennessee car insurance provider. Remember to ask for new documents each time you renew your policy. In Tennessee, you must provide proof of insurance when purchase a car. If you have a car loan or lease, your lender may require you to have collision and comprehensive coverage. Auto insurance in Tennessee – you are required to carry liability insurance to cover injuries or damages you may cause to someone after a car accident.
Auto Insurance in Tennessee
The required minimum limits of your liability car insurance are:
- $25,000 for each injury or death per accident.
- $50,000 for total injuries or deaths per accident.
- $25,000 for property damage per accident.
Auto Insurance in Tennessee – Optional Car Insurance Coverages
If you wish to protect yourself beyond the required auto insurance minimums, you might want to consider purchasing optional types of car insurance.
Most auto insurance in Tennessee offer the following coverage options:
- Higher Limits – Purchase increased liability limits.
- Collision – Covers accident-related damages to your car.
- Comprehensive – Covers non-accident related damages to your car, such as those caused by weather or vandalism.
- Uninsured motorists – Helps cover costs associated with accidents with uninsured drivers or those with too little insurance.
- Medical payments – Helps pay for your medical bills after an accident.
- Rental car.
Auto Insurance in Tennessee – Proof of Insurance
You do not need proof of insurance to register your car or to obtain your driver’s license.
- Pulled over by a police officer.
- Involved in a car accident, you are required to report. You must report accidents that involve:
- Any injuries.
- Over $400 in property damages.
You can report a car accident by completing the Owner/Driver Report (Form SF-0395) form and mailing it in to the Tennessee Department of Safety.
Legal proof of insurance includes:
- Your insurance ID card.
- Insurance binder.
- Policy declaration page.
Insurance Violation Penalties and Fines
If you are caught driving without auto insurance in Tennessee or evidence of financial responsibility, you face a Class C misdemeanor, which could include:
- Suspension of your driver’s license.
- A STOP on your car, keeping you from renewing your registration.
To have a STOP removed from your vehicle registration, you must:
- Have your driver’s license reinstated.
- If you have had your case dismissed by showing your proof of insurance before your court date, you must also send your proof of insurance to the DOS through one of the methods listed below.
By mail to:
Financial Responsibility Division
Tennessee Department of Safety
P.O. Box 945
Nashville, TN 37202
By fax to: (615) 253-2094.
After any conviction leading to a suspension of your driver’s license, you are required to file an SR-22 proof of insurance with the TN Department of Safety.
Your car insurance carrier must file this on your behalf.
If you have questions about auto insurance in Tennessee, call AmeriAgency at 888-851-5572 or click below.